|Home||Log In||Register||Our Services||My Account||Contact||Help|
|Stockwatch||Level 2||Portfolio||Charts||Research||Share Price||Awards||Stock Screener||Market Scan||Company Zone||Traders' Room|
|Funds||Trades||Terminal||Alerts||Heatmaps||News||Indices||Forward Diary||Forex Prices||Director Deals||Investors' Room|
|CFDs||Shares||SIPPs||ISAs||Forex||ETFs||Videos||Comparison Tables||Spread Betting||Broker Notes||Shares Magazine|
MoneyAM Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") the data controller is MoneyAM limited of 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester M5 3EE.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through the Website.
• Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access.
2. IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:-
• to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests;
• to speed up your searches;
• to recognise you when you return to the Website.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.
3. Where we store your personal data and Security
All transactions on the Website are effected by using third party secure servers based on the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption standard. All credit card information is transmitted to us and then on to the Credit-Card Company, via secure encrypted link. You can look for the locked padlock icon on your browser to verify that your connection to the Website is encrypted (usually the bottom right of your browser window). Your credit card number is not stored on our server, nor do we have access to this data other than to pass it directly to the Credit-Card Company for validation via secure link.
Personal information that you may supply to us is stored in a password-protected format to prevent loss, misuse, or alteration of the data. As mentioned above, your credit card number is not stored on our server.
Unfortunately no transmission of data via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, whilst we are committed to continued best efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Upon receipt of your transmitted personal data we promise to use best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Please note that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on-line on the internet (for example on message boards, through e-mail, or in chat areas), that information can potentially be collected and used by others without you necessarily knowing about it. Therefore, where you provide personal data on line that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited communication from others in return.
4. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• to provide you with the Services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Service where you choose to do so;
• to notify you about changes to the Services.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 736 of the UK Company Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if MoneyAM Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will of course be one of the transferred assets;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MoneyAM Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not disclose individual information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We would comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience using the personal data we have collected from you and from others.
5. Your rights
You have the right to request us not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties. We will usually inform you before collecting your data, if we intend to disclose your information to any third party and you can exercise that right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also notify us by contacting us at: MoneyAM Limited, 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester M5 3EE or email email@example.com
6. Access to information
The Act gives you various rights including the right to access information held about you. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.