- 20 Jan 2005 21:49
I suspect trading tomorrow will probably answer this conundrum, but I know there are some far wiser owls than me that contribute to this bb & I would be interested in their opinions.
My question is this: the chart below looks to me like a pullback of the uptrend (ie when it went north through £14.00) however I am unsure as it has now broken down through £14.00 whether this is trending up or down :-(
So what do you think - up or down, or should I just flip a coin :-)) ?
- 30 Sep 2009 21:57
- 56 of 909
The only worry is if there is a big market correction as EMG would not be immune, imo.
- 30 Sep 2009 22:16
- 57 of 909
Yes , but that applies to most share Prices.
- 30 Sep 2009 22:26
- 58 of 909
Of course. I think EMG has huge potential and usually pays a good divi, but I just wonder if now is the time to be investing any large amounts of cash.
- 06 Oct 2009 09:05
- 59 of 909
Interim results due 5th Nov. Steady growth atm & likely results will be good in comparison to previous.
- 06 Oct 2009 09:31
- 60 of 909
- 06 Oct 2009 21:37
- 61 of 909
- 06 Oct 2009 21:41
- 62 of 909
Can you elaborate XS? -):
- 06 Oct 2009 22:15
- 63 of 909
The graph in the header is a touch disappointing!
- 07 Oct 2009 09:40
- 64 of 909
Agree H, rather annoying not to have a chart in opening posts, I'll try and get that changed.
- 07 Oct 2009 12:35
- 65 of 909
STAN it makes me money. divi good too.
- 07 Oct 2009 14:18
- 66 of 909
Can't disagree with that.
- 07 Oct 2009 18:28
- 67 of 909
Lend me a quid for a cup of tea.
- 07 Oct 2009 19:20
- 68 of 909
Certainly Fred.. at the prevailing rates of course -):
- 23 Oct 2009 13:53
- 69 of 909
Interim results due thu 5th Nov '09. Just hope that isn't a nasty head & shoulders forming on the graph!!!
- 25 Oct 2009 09:40
- 70 of 909
HARRYCAT - Just noticed this thread, hope you don't mind me picking your brains. I'm more of a trader than an investor so saying that I look for stocks that can be traded short as well as long. EMG has had a great run as an investor yourself in this particular stock do you:-
1. Hold continually irrespective of down moves?
2. Take part profits by selling portions of your holding then topping up on any weakness.
3. Interim results due 5th Nov do you have a set strategy based on past performance, ie do you buy more, hold or react on the day.
I appreciate all the above is obviously personal to you and hope I haven't offended by asking. Cheers Chris.
- 25 Oct 2009 16:09
- 71 of 909
EMG pay a very good divi, so that is my main reason for buying this stock. I should pay more attention to it during the year, but I try & buy at a low point (the graph is my guide) before the divi date & exit after the divi with a profit. Sometimes I have to wait a while before selling because the sp gets knocked post divi. I usually try & complete the whole process within 4-6 weeks if I can.
I don't really understand how the company is valued (unlike a manufacturer or a miner/oil Co) so I am not confident enough to hold long term with this one.
[Last time bought at £2.73, 25.06.09 & £2.56, 14.07.09. Only £2.73 stock got the divi (1.07.09). Sold both lots 20.07.09 @ £2.85].
Maybe talking myself into holding this stock long term now assuming we are coming out of recession!
- 25 Oct 2009 20:04
- 72 of 909
Harry - Many thanks for that,good strategy. I'm short at the mo for +8, there have been a couple of broker upgrades recently target price between 400 - 450, obviously depends if the market rally resumes, I'm hoping the stock will drop some more before the interim when I will take profits. If that happens then go long just prior to the interim for a recovery on the day hopefully anticipating a good report. May end up doing the reverse, just have to play it by ear. Cheers!
- 27 Oct 2009 17:14
- 73 of 909
Next support is 314
- 27 Oct 2009 17:37
- 74 of 909
hjs - Hit my target and took profits (short) today for +22.50. It may well rally tomorrow who knows, may well be kicking myself if it doesn't. :0)
- 28 Oct 2009 10:40
- 75 of 909
Down 20 today. New support 294.